Using hand sanitizer, together with proper cleaning hygiene, helps prevent the spread of coronavirus. So what should you do when you run out of your hand sanitizer supply?
Try to make your own hand sanitizer.
Also, diffuse essential oils to purify the air and your lungs at home.
1. DIY Hand Sanitizer Recipe
- isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent alcohol volume)
- aloe vera gel
- a few drops (3-5) of essential oil(s) with antimicrobial properties, such as Tea Tree / Lavender / Peppermint / Eucalyptus / Frankincense / Thyme / Oregano
- 8 oz glass bottle
Stick to a 2:1 proportion of alcohol to aloe vera, to keep the alcohol content* to about 60%. Blend the ingredients together and shake well before use.
*A 60% alcohol content is the minimum amount needed to kill most germs, according to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (https://www.cdc.gov )
Although the above mentioned essential oils have some proven antimicrobial and antiviral properties, more research is needed and we don’t know if they can fight the Coronavirus alone.
Don’t rely on DIY recipes based solely on essential oils. They are not proven to work. Also, pay attention to the kind of alcohol you are using, it needs to have at least 60% alcohol to be effective (vodka, for example, is usually 40% alcohol, so it’s not enough alcohol content).
2. Enhance your environment with diffusers or inhale essential oils, or make chest rubs to get the most of their therapeutic benefits.
3. Last but not least, take this online training from the World Health Organization (WHO) as a weapon to fight the new coronavirus. Information is power! Protect yourself and the ones you love! Find out more and help more people stay protected and safe.
Do you know somebody who could use this support right now? Please refer this post to anyone who might need these resources. It’s another way of saying hello, I hope you are well, I care. Sharing is caring! Spread the information, not the coronavirus! 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of help in any way.
If you want to be the first to know about my upcoming Aromatherapy Course and receive a discount at launch, send me a message or leave me a comment and I’ll put you on the shortlist!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov